Tags: cleaning, cleaning routine, List, Summer, Top 5
Summer is here! Time to enjoy the longer days, bask in the sun and relax. Of course, you can’t completely abandon your cleaning routine, and that’s why I’m here to help. Here are my top 5 “Save Time This Summer’ Cleaning Tips
- Take 5 – five minutes that is. I used to devote one evening to tackling the house. Summer is too brief to spend an evening indoors doing that. If I devote 5 minutes twice a day to cleaning, that’s over 2 hours weekly – the same amount of time it usually takes me to clean my first and second floor during my normal routine. You may have to vary the numbers based on your house size and how many “helpers” you have.
- Reevaluate your cleaning routine – I found that I ended up cleaning the same areas (my office desk for example) every week. Sure, the bathroom and kitchen need more thorough attention weekly, but I can skip other dusting chores week this week and it’s fine. For example, switch it up and clean baseboards one week, higher shelves the next. Do this and you won’t miss an area – something I am very guilty of!
- Do you have the right cleaning equipment? I personally don’t like to use a mop and bucket, but that is because of the mess and hassle I associated with this cleaning method. Keep an open mind – there are new cleaning inventions coming out all the time. I’m just lucky I’m able to test them and pass them on to you. The Clean Spin Mop brings the mop and bucket back, in a really clever and even, dare I say it – fun – new way. I tried it and I’m sold.
- Give yourself a break – It’s Summer. Yes, you still have to clean. Give your cleaning routine a break and clean every other week or whatever feels comfortable to you.
- Move the cleaning outdoors – Focus on the deck, pool, patio – you name it. You spend more time outdoors anyway, you might as well make the most of it.
So there you have it – my top 5. I would love to hear yours!
Have a great Summer everyone,