Tags: spider, spider bites
Ok, I may be the only person in America who suffers from Spider bites- but I doubt it. One thing I have realized, the more I get bitten, the more I become allergic. Since I have no other allergies, I am wondering if this is true for all allergies and allergic reactions.
As a result, at this time of year, I rely heavily on my favorite form of protection: Spider Not Spray. This handy little aerosol spray assures me that no spiders will attack me while I sleep, while I sit on my porch, or while I sit on the grass brushing my dog. I spray it around the open windows, on the screens on the porch, and around the grass where I plan to do dog brushing. This neurosis is a result of huge welts the size of quarters that itch like crazy.
Leave a comment telling me what works for you!
Tags: cleaning, cleaning routine, List, Summer, Top 5
Summer is here! Time to enjoy the longer days, bask in the sun and relax. Of course, you can’t completely abandon your cleaning routine, and that’s why I’m here to help. Here are my top 5 “Save Time This Summer’ Cleaning Tips
- Take 5 – five minutes that is. I used to devote one evening to tackling the house. Summer is too brief to spend an evening indoors doing that. If I devote 5 minutes twice a day to cleaning, that’s over 2 hours weekly – the same amount of time it usually takes me to clean my first and second floor during my normal routine. You may have to vary the numbers based on your house size and how many “helpers” you have.
- Reevaluate your cleaning routine – I found that I ended up cleaning the same areas (my office desk for example) every week. Sure, the bathroom and kitchen need more thorough attention weekly, but I can skip other dusting chores week this week and it’s fine. For example, switch it up and clean baseboards one week, higher shelves the next. Do this and you won’t miss an area – something I am very guilty of!
- Do you have the right cleaning equipment? I personally don’t like to use a mop and bucket, but that is because of the mess and hassle I associated with this cleaning method. Keep an open mind – there are new cleaning inventions coming out all the time. I’m just lucky I’m able to test them and pass them on to you. The Clean Spin Mop brings the mop and bucket back, in a really clever and even, dare I say it – fun – new way. I tried it and I’m sold.
- Give yourself a break – It’s Summer. Yes, you still have to clean. Give your cleaning routine a break and clean every other week or whatever feels comfortable to you.
- Move the cleaning outdoors – Focus on the deck, pool, patio – you name it. You spend more time outdoors anyway, you might as well make the most of it.
So there you have it – my top 5. I would love to hear yours!
Have a great Summer everyone,
Tags: recipe, salad, spring
Hungry? Good- we have the perfect Spring/Summer recipe for you. It’s light, fresh, easy and delicious. We thought you deserved a break from all that Spring Cleaning. Enjoy!
Simply Sweet Springtime Salad
2 Bunches of Romaine Lettuce Hearts – chopped
Mandarin Oranges – I can (drained)
Black Pitted olives – I can (drained)
1 cup of Croutons
1 cup of chopped celery
2 small leeks chopped(use mostly white end) or ½ small red onion chopped
½ cup of walnuts chopped (optional)
Add ingredients together and toss
½ cup of oil ( olive or canola)
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup of sugar
Salt to taste
Mix well and pour over salad
Tags: christmas, new years, qci direct, resolutions
We sure had a fun time at our annual holiday party! We hope your holidays were full of family, friends and fun as well. So, what are your resolutions for the new year? Do you make any? I know some people do, some don’t.
Our resolutions revolve around our customers. We resolve to find the most practical products for you and offering them at the fairest prices. We attend vendor shows across the country, looking for the latest and greatest. We also have some surprises in store for 2012. One of them involves the QCI Guys. We’re bringing them back! You’re going to love their informative and entertaining clips about new items. We also plan to continue with giveaways and promotions on Facebook and twitter, so be sure to like and follow us.
I’ll leave you with a link to an article with 10 tips for keeping those resolutions this year and beyond.
Whether it’s exercising more, eating better or taking more time for yourself, we wish you the best in 2012!
Happy New Year everyone!